PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
A method that supports some selected aspects of project management. The acronym stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments.
Un método que admite algunos aspectos seleccionados de la gestión de proyectos. El acrónimo de PR oyectos en C ontrolled E nvironments.